Frequently Asked Questions
This depends on a number of factors, but these are some considerations.
- If your users want to work in a virtual Windows or Linux desktop environment.
- If users want their own dedicated (persistent) working environments.
- Easier to support users and troubleshoot within sessions.
- If you want to give your users a non-persistent Windows desktop.
- If you are looking to host demonstration environments for your products (e.g. external trials for customers) then AppSteam would be the better fit as you would otherwise have to offer those users a virtual desktop environment.
- If you want to roll out and maintain single build images to provide consistency to all users.
Absolutely! It’s what we built our business on.
Available for the AWS Marketplace, WorkSpaces Manager significantly aids the creation, migration and ongoing administration of the WorkSpaces environment.
We can/will also assist you with setting up your initial Amazon WorkSpaces infrastructure, to best practice, without implementing WorkSpaces Manager.
There are various methods of doing this and you may use products such as LiquidWare, APP-V, Numecent and AWS WAM – we will work with you no matter what you use. We can also help you with image builds and application catalogues. We can advise on the most suitable methods of application management if your organisation does not currently have the existing capabilities.
Additionally, you may have an application that currently has issues (for example, running very slowly or even causing a lot of support time with inconsistent configurations). We can help with looking to make these quicker via optimising for the environment and even tailoring them for better user consistency. By liaising with your application owners, we can help provide a better user experience.
Yes, we can. WorkSpaces is a great option for migrations. Instead of having to rebuild all of your PCs/laptops (and to introduce possible risk of downtime to users) you can utilise WorkSpaces to give your users a consistent and reliable environment. You may not be looking at an expensive desktop hardware refresh – WorkSpaces is a great option.
At the same time, we can advise you on reducing costs on your WorkSpaces estate if you already have Windows 7 WorkSpaces in place.
Yes, whether it is WorkSpaces or AppStream, we can help with this. We would speak to you about various aspect like how many users you have, where they are located, their working practices and profiles, peak login times, application resource requirements, etc. These all go towards cost predictions. We can advise on the best approach, but the better you know your user base the more accurate the predictions.
We collaborate with other AWS consulting organisations, helping them, help their customers maximise their experience of Amazon WorkSpaces. Please contact sales on 0208 900 0870 for more information.