As of 14th January 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates for devices running Windows 7. This means that you will have to upgrade to Windows 10 to ensure that you are supported. With examples such as the WannaCry virus hitting organisations running Windows XP, it’s essential that you receive the latest security updates to protect your company.
As part of this migration, you will need to consider these important questions:
How are you going to roll out Windows 10?
How do you know that there’s going to be consistency between devices if you do in-place upgrades?
Do you do a bare metal installation with a fresh copy of Windows 10 and install your image\applications?
Do you have branch offices and how are they linked?
How are you going to roll out your new builds?
How will it impact the users?
AWS have a managed desktop experience which has the potential to simplify this migration and modernise your Desktop experience moving forward. Amazon Workspaces will provide you with:
- A secure Windows 10 Desktop as a Service solution
- Zero CAPEX cost and visible OPEX for budgeting.
- A flexible scale as you grow, scale back when not needed, PAYG model.
- Flexible hardware configurations that can be upgraded or downgraded to suit user profiles.
- Access over existing, or a range of other devices like Windows and Mac computers, Chromebooks, iPads, Fire tablets, Android tablets and through Chrome or Firefox web browsers.
- An extremely simple to manage Desktop As A Solution environment
- integrate into your existing Active Directory for authentication to your existing software deployment solution.
Additionally, you can also consider AWS AppStream if you do not require a full desktop for your users. This give your users their applications over a HTML5 compatible web browser (and also a fully featured AppStream client if they are running Windows).
Contact us today to help you understand what WorkSpaces can do for you, produce accurate OPEX costs and how we can provide you a ZERO cost Proof OF Concept environment for you to test in your own time, by your users, with your data.